Terms and Conditions
By signing up for an atari.org subdomain or having your web pages hosted on our server you are agreeing to the acceptable use policy as outlined below.
1. Commercial use of your space/subdomain is permitted for the promotion of your own/family business. Space/subdomains may not be re-sold or sub-let to any other party in any form. This is an explicit exemption to the general Conditions and Use referring to selling on or sharing use of the service.
2. The Conditions of Use for a Web Space Account relating to disclosure of your passwords apply. Specifically your passwords are your responsibility and must not be disclosed to any third party. Should you need to disclose your password for such purposes as allowing third party services (web authors, etc.) access to your space then you alone are entirely responsible for any actions they take.
3. Support is only available for uploading, downloading and viewing pages. No support will be given for HTML authoring or page design. A self-help newsgroup will be available for this purpose.
4. No logs or any details of who visited your site will be made available at this current time.
5. You will be responsible for retaining copies of your own data. Atari.Org will not keep backups of your pages.
6. Atari.Org accepts no responsibility for loss of data, information in any form or other matters whatsoever which result from the use of our services.
7. Atari.Org accepts no responsibility for hit counts being reset or incorrect.
8. You will be responsible for the content of your web site, including obtaining the legal permission for any works they include and ensuring that the contents of these pages do not violate British Law.
9. You will be held responsible for and accept responsibility for any defamatory, confidential, secret or other proprietary material available via your web site.
10. Your webspace or subdomain may not be used to distribute or point to or advertise any of the following:
11. You may not advertise your web site, or cause another person to advertise it, by techniques that would be classified as abuse if they were carried out from an Atari.Org account. This includes, but is not limited to, bulk emailing and excessive news posting. Such action may be treated under the appropriate Acceptable Use Policy as if it had been done from the Account, or as a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or both.
- Software for sending SPAM (bulk email, excessive news postings, etc).
- Lists of email addresses except where all the addresses have given their explicit permissions.
- Any collection of personal data other than in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the Data Protection Principles.
12. Atari.Org shall not be held liable for any loss however occasioned as a result of the suspension, removal or unavailability of a customers web site, email, subdomain or material stored within it.
13. If you close your account, your web site will be deleted.
14. Atari.Org reserve the right to remove any subdomain that points to, or web site that contains material and their sole discretion, without prior notice and without explanation.
15. Atari.Org reserve the right to suspend any or all web pages at any time, without prior notice and without explanation.
16. Atari.Org will require sites that they consider to show excessive use to be modified or be moved to a different server.
17. Atari.Org reserve the right to vary the definition of 'excessive use' at their sole discretion at any time without prior notice.
18. By uploading any files to the Atari.Org server or by applying for a subdomain, you will be deemed to have agreed to and accepted the terms and conditions specified here.
19. Atari.Org reserve the right to vary the Conditions of Use and acceptable use policy for users web pages and subdomains at their sole discretion at any time and without prior notice.
20. Any decision made by Atari.Org in relation to this service shall be final.