Hatari 1.5.0 emulator released
By Nicolas Pomarede on 2011-11-13
Hatari release 1.5.0 has just been released.
You can get it from http://hatari.berlios.de/ or directly in https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10436
Sources and windows binaries are available (an OS X binary should be available soon too)
Small changelog :
- On STE, correctly shift display 8 pixels to the left when using 224 bytes overscan (e.g. recent demos by DHS)
- Add support for spec512 mode in med res (fixes "Best Part Of The Creation" in "Punish Your Machine", "HighRes Mode" demo by Paradox)
- Precisely emulate the number of frames per sec (eg 50.053 fps in PAL instead of the usual 50 Hz), required for correct video/audio sync under STE (e.g. More Or Less Zero by DHS)
- Sound improvements for STE, major rewrite of the DMA audio, precision should be really close to a real STE (e.g. HexTracker by Paulo Simoes)
- Improved precision in sound emulation, with nearly no rounding errors over successive VBL during many hours.
- By default mix 3 YM voices using a lookup table of values measured on real STF to improve digisound (e.g. Flashback demo by TCB)
- Alternative CPU core based on WinUAE for more accurate Falcon emulation, including 68030 timings, MMU, ...
- Improvements in DSP emulation.
- Various changes in the SDL GUI
- Many more functions in the built in debugger
- Atari program given as argument to Hatari will be automatically started after TOS boots
- Many more small fixes related to video, audio, ikbd, ...
See release-notes.txt for the full changelog.
Thanks to all the people who worked on this version by submitting code, ideas and bug reports !